Despite being in the South, it can get quite cold too! We’ve even been known to see snow a couple times. So we’ve compiled a list of ways you can prepare for the winter to make sure you and your family have a happy holiday.
Prepare your roof for the winter: 13 must tips
- Clean out the gutters and make sure spouts flow freely.
- Prune trees away from your house.
- Disconnect hoses from outdoor faucets. Shut off water supply to outdoor faucets.
- Inspect your chimney.
- Seal up cracks anywhere you find them — windows, roofs, walls.
- Make sure your ventilation is functioning properly.
- Inspect insulation and make sure it’s dry.
- Look for heat leaks and seal them.
- Close your windows and its coverings to prevent heat loss.
- Insulate pipes that are prone to freezing.
- Stock up on emergency supplies, also doubles as a good time to check-up and prep for when the tornados come back. These things can include canned food, gallons of water, flashlights, radios, blankets, etc.
- Make sure your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors work.
- Metal roofs can still be installed in the winter! Feel free to give us a call, we’ll work through the cold to make sure your family is nice and warm.